Friday, January 23, 2009

Small Steps to a Bigger Problem



From One.org:

I’m Clay Aiken, and I am a UNICEF Ambassador.

The U.S. Fund for UNICEF is proud to be a partner of ONE. ONE has mobilized millions of Americans to speak up about the importance of tackling global poverty – saving and improving lives around the world.

I’ve had a chance to see many wonderful children, full of laughter and hope, in even the poorest places around the world. And I’ve seen the incredible work of UNICEF to help those children and their families survive and thrive. But I have also seen children sick and dying from lack of basic nutrition and medicines. And I cannot forget that despite UNICEF’s work, 25,000 children die every day, mostly from preventable causes. I believe that number should be “zero”– no child dying unnecessarily.

All of us can help to save children’s lives – individuals, nonprofits, corporations, and governments.

So I am asking President Barack Obama to launch a Presidential Initiative to Accelerate Child Survival. And I am asking YOU to join me, by signing a petition to the President.

ONE supporters care about helping the most vulnerable people on our planet. Please join me in telling the next President of the United States that Americans want him to make global child survival a top priority. For more information and to sign the petition, go to:
http://volunteers.unicefusa.org/activities/advocate/presidential-initiative-to.html.

-Clay Aiken, UNICEF Ambassador



Also visit Tap.org



Technorati Tags:






3 Comments:

At 4:01 AM, Blogger Dianne Barbee said...

Allegra,

Excellent blog about Clay Aiken's new efforts to combat global poverty. The slide show is very effective.

Thank you for your kind remarks in the current Carolina blog. I'm glad you like the Kai update.

Have a great weekend!

Caro

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Ashes said...

Yhanks for the slide show and video. I never tire of seeing Clay ♥♥
His UNICEF blog on ONE is great.

Ashes

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Jannet said...

Love the slideshow! I think I can probably say those are some of my favorite pictures of him ever! And the message is so important! I wish more of the world could see it... delivered by such a good lookin' and eloquent guy. The video was great too. I've never seen it. Loved the end!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home