Friday, July 28, 2006

Clay's Amazing Fans Get A Clue: A UNICEF Update

Clay blogged about the amazing amount of money Clay Nation has raised in less than twenty-four hours. Clay got a call from the UNICEF people in NYC with the news that his fans had so far contributed 17% of the effort to raise funds for the children of Lebanon.

The total stands at $47,556.96.

**(Total as of 7/31 is $66,723.12)**
**(Total as of 8/2 is $70,665.42)**

Way to go Clay Nation.

UNICEF's email in response to a donation:


Thank you for your online contribution to the United States Fund for UNICEF.
Your donation will be used to save lives, protect civilians and support basic
services such as health, water and sanitation, education and psycho-social care
for the tens of thousands of children affected by conflict in Lebanon.

UNICEF has been offering assistance to the children and women of Lebanon since
1948 and has extensive programs in the areas of education, youth empowerment and
adolescent participation, child protection, water and sanitation, and health.
Your gift will allow us to continue our commitment by providing the necessary
support and care to the children who need it most.




As a thank you Clay gave us a hint to a song that will be on his CD. His hint of song lyric was so generous it took all of 10 seconds to come up with the song: When I See You Smile, originally performed by Bad English (John Waite).

Lyrics
When I See You Smile - Bad English
Sometimes I wonder
How I'd ever make it through,
Through this world without having you
I just wouldn't have a clue

'Cause sometimes it seems
Like this world's closing in on me,
And there's no way of breaking free
And then I see you reach for me

Sometimes I wanna give up
I wanna give in, I wanna quit the fight
And then I see you, baby
And everything's alright, everything's alright

CHORUS:
When I see you smile
I can face the world, oh oh, you know I can do anything
When I see you smile
I see a ray of light, oh oh, I see it shining right through the rain
When I see you smile
Oh yeah, baby when I see you smile at me

Baby there's nothing
in this world that could ever do
What a touch of your hand can do
It's like nothing that I ever knew

And when the rain is falling
I don't feel it, 'cause you're here with me now
And one look at you baby
Is all I'll ever need, you're all I'll ever need

CHORUS

Sometimes I wanna give up
I wanna give in, I wanna quit the fight
And then I see you baby
And everything's alright, everything's alright

So right...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Here is a montage done by jenks set to a version of When I See You Smile performed by Uncle Sam with an R&B vibe.





Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,


Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger pixieglitter said...

It says a LOT about Clay that his fans donated 17% of UNICEF's Lebanon total. I think it's mind boggling, and I know we'll get to $50 000 in no time!

PS: Thanks for all the comments on my blog. You're such a peach! *insert hug emoticon here*

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Jannet said...

I really liked this blog and I'm so happy that you included the montage. Love, love, love those last few smiles!

Hope you don't mind that I linked to this blog from mine.. *g*

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Meesa said...

It's so amazing! When I read the amount, it made me even more proud to be part of the Clay Nation.
I love the montage as well. Jen makes gorgeous montages.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Dianne Barbee said...

Reports like this make me even more proud to be a Clay Aiken fan, if that is even possible. He is a shining example of what's right in this world; and because of him, we do some of what we should.

I love the song and can't wait to hear Clay sing it.

Caro

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger The ConCLAYve-Nan said...

Wonderful about the UNICEF donations and thanks for including the montage. I think that song - with an interesting and modern arrangement would be killer. Part of the reason I think it's boring is I think the bass player is probably playing about 2 notes. It's a perfect song for his voice. With the right arrangement it's going to be great.

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know the song but i have to admit i didnt like this vershion of it but clay is inded so much better i sure hope he does it amazing well because i thgought it was un amazing how ever i couldnt help smileing every time clay smiles

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its incredable when i had read the amout of money that clays fans have givin to unicef i think its amazing i am verry proud to be a fan of clays i didnt like that vershion of that song but clay is so much more amazing i sure hope clays cover of this song will be amazing

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the title to this blog entry. Hee. Great post and it's very cool what was done in the fandom yesterday.

Thank you for your comment in my recent blog. I used that hug today. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home