Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Mr. Aiken Sings At The Capitol

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that
among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness." ~~Thomas Jefferson, Declaration of Independence

The Fourth of July holiday has come to mean parades, family picnics, fireworks, and a day off from work. I hope that everyone takes the time to remember what Independence Day means, about the blood that soaked the soil of this land to give us the freedom that many people in the world still live without.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




My favorite 4th of July was when Clay appeared on PBS's Capitol 4th. I was on vacation that year, and I missed Clay singing The Star-Spangled Banner. Thank God for clack. Fortunately I was able to catch Measure of a Man and God Bless the USA. Clay was wonderful that night, and I felt a sense of pride for him and of him. I wonder what went through his mind singing for all those people on the Capitol lawn. The special education teacher Raleigh certainly had come a long way from singing at weddings and his Home Town Connection days.


Rehearsal Pictures



Screencaps and Blends




Video of Performances


Singing the National Anthem



Singing "Measure of a Man"



Singing "God Bless the USA"




Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting these videos. What a great trip down Memory Lane. Clay was awesome that evening and did the SSB justice.

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the memories. Wow, I loved these performances for deep voiced Clay. He was great that night.

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the look back. I think my favorite thing is... he sings the anthem like it should be sung... like it was written. None of the fancy frilly trills and whatnot. Makes me proud.

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this blog! You do Clay Aiken very proud. Awesome blog for an awesome man, thankyou I hadn't seen any of these videos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home