Thursday, August 24, 2006

Here You Come Again

The person born with a talent they are meant to use will find their greatest happiness in using it.~~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
~~Blend by AmazingCA~~



This week we were lucky enough to hear 30 second snippets of the songs on "A Thousand Different Ways". You can hear them stream at Marhaven Musings.
That they are fabulous is a given, after all they are sung by the Aiken Vox. I can't really say it better than Calliek. If I were honest, I couldn't even say it as well so I will just post her quote.

This is not an album of covers. This is a vocal sculptor whose every musical nuance is an emotional original. I know these songs--just as we all do--but I found myself drawing into their nucleus as he sings...because he puts something there that is totally unknown. Then he builds on it, going places that singers just don't go. ~~Calliek at the Clack House and Clayversity


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




In other news, an appearance on Jay Leno has been confirmed for September 15th.


Here is a look a back at some past Leno appearances:







10/03 Interview/Performance




1/04 Interview



6/04 Interview



12/04 Interview



Technorati Tags: , ,


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Blogger Dianne Barbee said...

VV/EE,

Love the von Goethe quote and how it relates to Clay! I am especially fond of Calliek's quote, which I also used in my blog.

Thnx for the roundup of what's happening where and when. Can't wait and, meanwhile, am enjoying a loop of ATDW snippets. *g*

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Caro

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Jannet said...

Fun stuff! Yay for September 15th!

Here he comes again! And us too!...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home