Friday, January 05, 2007

Funny Guy




Clay gave his fans a nice surprise during his Christmas tour---lots of banter. We already knew that he was funny, but I don't think we knew quite how funny and quick-witted he is (nor quite so bawdy). It was like a whole new talent was revealed during the tour. Clay played off his audience extremely well. Here is a sampling of the funny from our singing comedian.


  • You messed up her hairdo (after an audience member grabbed someone in front of her by the head)
  • You can all say you slept with Clay Aiken (after he suggested the audience go to sleep because he was tired)
  • Unfortunately, I'm not, I'm not (comeback to a guess of "scoring on the tour" for the word of the day Scordatura)
  • Elmer, I would be careful about wearing so much white, if I were you
  • Git er done
  • playing with wood (word of the day reference)
  • your stealin' mah show!! (to someone on the other end of a cellcert)
  • And how old is Frankie (Clay looking for a hookup after learning Frankie is from Raleigh.)
  • Frankie, I'm going to have to let you go (talking to cellcerter on the phone )
  • I'll sing this for you, and so Sharon can get a closer look at mah um..... (making fun of the binoculars from the front row)
  • Eyes up here
  • Look at his crotch!
  • We've going to need you keep the eye level up here.
  • and this first line"-----Chestnuts roasting on an open fire"
  • Are you looking up my nose? (reference to binoculars up close)
  • She can see the birds in Delaware with these things. (checking out the binoculars)
  • There is so much talent in my family
  • It took me 20 minutes to squeeze into this sweater.
  • She's gonna be on the message boards, "He was suckin' in all night!"
  • My button is screaming at me. (reference to his suit jacket is too tight as he unbuttons it)
  • I'm an enigma whose put on weight.
  • That's rude! (reference to Ripagate)
  • I'd do it again (reference to Ripagate)
  • Wassup with you??
  • Whatevah!
  • You're hot though.
  • It certainly wasn't for being the quietest! (guessing a contest a loud audience member won)
  • Oh my God, I'm funny!
  • Do you think it was rude ? Well, it was intended to be rude.(reference to Ripagate)
  • It needed to be done. (reference to Ripagate)
  • Cover your ears, Linda.......
  • It's a little less sweet now and a little more suspect. (reference to a story from an audience member)
  • You cussed on MAH show!
  • They're a special breed. They're a different folk, as you can tell. (talking about his fans who have been to numerous shows)
  • If you were in my classroom, you'd be out in the hall!
  • They may even teach your children!!!!! (talking about his fans who have been to numerous shows)
  • Ah'm the King of Controversy!
  • Apparently I have a "love child" (reference to new tabloid rumor)
  • Apparently, there's a little red headed baby boy out there in the world.
  • Apparently, this girl did to. ( response to I love you Clay)
  • You don't have to buy the smut. We just give it to you right here.
  • You learn something new everyday.
  • In the last 3 weeks, I've had mah lips done, fathered an illegitimate child, and caused a national controversy with one move of mah hand.
  • I figure as long as I get the words, Jesus, Christmas, and snowbells in there somewhere you'll get it. (making fun of his forgetting the lyrics to his songs)
  • Please welcome the executive producer of one of the worst albums of 2006 (introducing Jaymes Foster and making fun of being on the EW list)
  • you're pissed off about that, aren't you?
  • You go ahead and play whatever you want sir. If I know the words, I'll sing along.
  • Gentleman, the fact that you're here is good and it'll help when you get home .
  • Sometimes things come out of my mouth that don't even go through my brain!
  • Whoooooooooo! (In response to the woman winning a contest for tickets and filling out a form.)
  • "Ma'am Im actually making fun of you and you continue to do that"
  • Can you what? Can you see my socks?
  • That woman just thumped him in the head! You can't do that! That's like putting your hand over someone'smouth!
  • Cindy just put her hand over your man's mouth!
  • Oh, I knew it wasn't a word! I knew he made it up! I was just playing along!
  • Someone is going to jump you in a moment.
  • I need to have a "Come to Jesus" meeting with her. (in response to a shouting fan)
  • I would not pay $100 to see myself. ( after finding out what someone paid for their ticket)
  • You don't have to be so mean about it. (after someone tells him to cut his hair)
  • I got your book now, whatcha gonna do. (quizzing an audience member after taking a dictionary from them during the word of the day segment)
  • What was I saying. I'm so flustered.
  • You've been to the Clay Aiken debauc...show before.
  • I'm easily entertained.
  • I used to have an accent but I've gotten rid of it.
  • Are you selling peanuts or something?
  • Do you want us to wait while you finish the call? Go ahead and finish up, we'll wait. (talking to someone holding a cellphone)
  • You're stealing my show.




Montage of One-Liners by Sorkid78
A collection of one liners of Clay Aiken's Joyful Not a Tour series.


Banter from Waukegan, IL

~~Video by spotlightlover~~

Banter from Merrillville, IN

~~Video by Scarlett~~

Banter from Hartford, CT

~~video from jojoct~~

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! EE!

Krys

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Dianne Barbee said...

EE,

LOL, you have provided a very special comedy hour. Thnx for assembling all this in your blog. It's a great place to come to relive so many of the humorous highlights from Clay's JNaT!

Have a superb week!

Caro

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to thank you so much for these amazing videos, especially all the work you put into the first one. I'm from Canada and i live alone in a seniors building and will never get to see Clay in person, he is SO amazing and talented. You've made my whole week at least, thanks again.
Bev

 

Post a Comment

<< Home