Monday, March 26, 2007

Memories of AI2: Top 10-- "Someone Else's Star" and ours.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



March 23, 2003 Country Rock night on AI2 with Olivia Newton-John as guest host. Clay sang "Someone Else's Star" which is originally sung by Byran White. It's more love song than country song or country rock. I am a little surprised that Clay did not show off his country side a bit more. He did do a demo of country songs all of which sound much more country than "Someone Else's Star".


Someone Else's Star


Alone again tonight without someone to love.
The stars are shining bright so one more wish goes up.
Oh, I wish I may and I wish with all my might.
For the love I'm dreaming of and missing in my life.

You'd think that I could find a true love of my own.
It happens all the time to people that I know.
Their wishes all come true so I've got to believe.
There's still someone out there who is meant for only me.

I guess I must be wishing on someone else's star.
It seems like someone else keeps gettin what I'm wishing for.
Why can't I be as lucky as those other people are?
I guess I must be wishing, on someone else's star.

I sit here in the dark and stare up at the sky,
But I can't give my heart one good reason why.
Everywhere I look it's lovers that I see.
It seems like everyone's in love with everyone but me.


The performances of the night were:

1. Joshua Gracin- "Ain't Going Down Until the Sun Comes Up (Garth Brooks)
2. Trenyce- "I Need You" (LeeAnn Rimes)
3. Kimberley Locke- "I Can't Make You Love Me" (Bonnie Raitt)
4. Corey Clark- "Drift Away" (Dobie Gray)
5. Carmen Rasmussen-"Wild Angels (Martina McBride)
6. Ricky Smith- "I've Done Enough Dyin' Today" (Larry Gaitling)
7. Kimberly Caldwell- "Anymore" (Travis Tritt)
8. Ruben Studdard- "Sweet Home Alabama" (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
9. Julia D'Amato- "Breathe" (Faith Hill)
10. Clay Aiken- "Someone Else's Star" (Bryan White)

Clay's Performance of "Someone Else's Star"


Judges' Comments:

Time seemed to be running short for Clay who was the last performer. Sometimes short is sweet.

Ryan: Randy, Paula, Olivia, all seem to agree with a standing ovation, Simon Cowell?

Simon: Well I hope I can sum up, it was very sweet, but it sounded identical to last week, had nothing to do with the show, identical to last week, coulda swapped songs. Very good.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Dianne Barbee said...

EE,

Thank you for these "looking back" blogs about Clay's time on AI2. You
have kept such great records, and it is wonderful to relive these shows through the video performance, the lyrics, as well as the judges' comments. This was one of my favorites.

Have an awesome week!

Caro

 
At 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So nice to hear this. Idon't remember it as I didn't find AI until later in the season. Thank you for sharing this.
Betty Jean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home