Saturday, April 21, 2007

Memories of AI2: Top 7 -- "Tell Her About It" and throw me a vote or two

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
~Clickable~


April 15, 2003 -- Billy Joel Week with guest judge Smokey Robinson. Clay sings "Tell Her About It" starting the song in a slow tempo and then takes a surprising turn by taking the song uptempo to change it up. Simon is a bit of an ass this week by saying he prefers Clay with his eyes closed. I for one, prefer him with my eyes and ears open.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Judges' Comments:
Randy: Yo, baby, I just got one thing to say, man, it's good to see you switch it up! Yeah, you did your thing, man, you did your thing, dawg.
Smokey Robinson: You normally do sing ballads, but you proved tonight that you can sing anything. It was terrific.
Clay: Thank you very much.
Paula: Smokey, I just gotta say I love your eyes so much, I was always in love with you, I just had to say that. Clay..... you have such a great voice, I love it, I love it, I just can't wait to see you just let loose and dance a little more. Please, please, just for me?
Clay: I'm workin up to it. Slow, baby steps.
Paula: Thank you!
Simon: You're drunk again....
Paula: No, it's just that you didn't take your happy pill, that's all.
Simon: Clay, don't take this the wrong way, but I prefer you when I shut my eyes...
Randy: What does that mean????
Simon: It's a compliment, it's a compliment, it's your facial expressions...,I find them a bit theatrical, but you've got such a great voice... if you could just calm down that weird thing you do with your face...
Randy: Can you do it, Simon? What he does?
Simon: I'm not gonna do it.... but it's a compliment 'cause he sounds great...
Paula: Nice backhanded compliment.
Ryan: You know, it's funny, 'cause I prefer Simon when my eyes are closed!



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Related Tags: , , , , , , ,

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clay will always be the best ever AI star. THE VOICE. IT. No competition.

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow....thank you for the memory. Almost forgot how he good he was on AI2. It's been quite a trip and I still adore him. Jean

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what memories!!!! There has never been, nor will there ever be, as great a telent as Clay Aiken on that show.

He was SOOOO versatile and charasmatic, and he has the one in a million voice to go with it.

Bless his heart. He uses his celebrity to do so much good, and still keeps on truckin' in the music world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home