Sunday, April 15, 2007

Memories of AI2: Top 8 -- "At This Moment" and every moment, Clay Aiken does his fans proud

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
~Blend by Fountaindawg~


On April 8, 2003, AI2 had their Billboard #1 song theme show. Lionel Richtie is the guest judge. Clay "At This Moment" by Billy Vera and the Beaters.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


~Performance of "At This Moment~


Judges' Comments:
Randy: Yo, yo, Clay, what's up dawg, what's up baby?
Clay: How are ya?
Randy: how do ya feel, baby, good?
Clay: OK!
Randy: First up tonight, that's good. Listen, it's definitely been proven week after week that you can definitely really, really, sing...,but the choice of song this week, and even a little bit last week, didn't really slay me, I mean, to me it just makes it a little bit... it shows a little less of your voice, it brings out the theatricalness in it, but I think that you can definitely blow, but I just wasn't crazy about the song.
Lionel Ritchie: Well, let me tell you how I feel about this. First of all, I am still in awe that all of that is coming out of that body. Unbelievable. Can't get over it. Who is that guy? I don't know, who are you? The most important thing is that, you know, Randy, it's all in the selection of the song, and even the fact that the song, if I had another choice, it would be another song, but the fact that you just pulled that off with such power and such conviction... you... I think you did a great job, man, great job.
Paula: You know I'm a big fan of yours, don't you? Clay, here's the thing... I agree with what Lionel's saying, it was good. The only thing that I think is it's a gutwrenching song, and I didn't feel that there was enough urgency, or heartbreak, but I'm a huge fan, as always.
Simon: Well this show proves that Randy Jackson hasn't got a clue what he's talkin about because that song was perfect.
Randy: Yeah, right, yeah, right.
Simon: Absolutely on the money, well done.

Performances of the Night:
1. Clay Aiken- "AT This Moment" (Billy Vera & the Beaters)
2. Kimberley Locke-"My Heart Will Go On" (Celine Dion)
3. Ricky Smith- "Endless Love" (Lionel Richie and Diana Ross)
4. Kimberly Caldwell -"Everything I Do, I Do It For You" (Bryan Adams)
5. Josh Gracin- "Amazed" (Lonestar)
6. Carmen Rasmusen- "Call Me" (Blondie)
7. Trenyce-"Power of Love" (Celine Dion)
8. Ruben Studdard- "Kiss and Say Goodbye" (The Manhattans)





~~Images from the performance and results shows~~

Related Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God love Clay!

No one but no one will ever top him. The Voice. The Charisma. The Man. He has IT. He is IT.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Dianne Barbee said...

EE,

"At This Moment" is one of my favorite CA songs. Thnx for providing these weekly memories!

Have a great week!

Caro

 

Post a Comment

<< Home